July 26, 2008

It’s Happened Again, Folks

In true Caleb Goodrum style I’ve begun this blog in sweeping fashion, bent on delving into every aspect of the trip and very quickly run out of time to keep it up. Now I’m left with a very unsatisfying 10 day gap in the record and no good way to make it up.

I’m sitting at the breakfast table of a sleepy hostel on the beach eating a mango Manilla (tarter and fresher than it’s orange cousin) and drinking an amazing espresso made by the Italian owner of the place. There is a tiny black kitten in my lap who seems to enjoy sitting here almost as much as she enjoys attacking my feet whenever I move them under the table. My computer has just come back from the dead. Before Puerto Escondido, we spent a few days in the Lacondonian (spl?) jungle at Palenque and I suppose the jungle did it in somehow. I think the battery is shot, but it could be a good bit worse. Now I can finally post some material and tell people about this blog (which has been sitting with just one post for quite some time now.)

Stay tuned to see just how I am going to recollect the past few days for any interested parties at home or abroad!

1 comment:

Natrimony said...

Caleb,

Life is good, no? Live it up man. Hey, it was good to see you this summer.

Grace and Peace,

Nathaniel